Lie Spotting IS A COOPERATIVE ACTIVE; Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liar - YouTube

Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liar - YouTube:



SCIENTIFIC KNOWLWEDGE; can undermine democracy; DECEPTION; the british conman; What Is It I Am HUNGRY FOR?

 But we covertly like it. the larger the neocortex, the more PRONE TO LIE!

Uploaded on Oct 13, 2011
http://www.ted.com On any given day we're lied to from 10 to 200 times, and the clues to detect those lie can be subtle and counter-intuitive. Pamela Meyer, author of Liespotting, shows the manners and "hotspots" used by those trained to recognize deception -- and she argues honesty is a value worth preserving.

TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the "Sixth Sense" wearable tech, and "Lost" producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at http://www.ted.com/translate.
The lady who killed her kids half smile masking her true emotion was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen in my life. I literally have nightmares.
Psychopathy in a nutshell.
People watching this to spot liars while im watching this to learn how to lie better.
+Derpy Gaming Highlights his answer was spot on. you only need information for an educated guess. don t with
+Josh Brucks No the problem was that he was just repeating my comment. He was saying "by guessing" but that's what I said. By guessing.
Just on pure statistics, this talk was not about how to spot a liar.  It was about filling the 17 minutes of the TED talk with talking about lying with less than 10% of the content explaining how to actually spot a liar.  I think the TED titles are often very misleading as to the content of the talks themselves.

You might say the title of this TED talk is in itself a lie. How many reading this spotted the deception?
True
The best way to learn how to spot a liar is to learn how to be a better liar.
My natural introversion coupled with my low, monotone voice and emotionless expressions, always has me looking like I'm hiding something or generally just lack empathy. My wife always jokes that if she's ever murdered, they'll lock me up, even if I'm innocent.
At least you have great self awareness
I disagree about the smile You can make an effort to generate warmth in your eyes and try to imitate your real smile. How do you think good actors can show happiness and smiles that looks genuine if you can't fake a smile.
+blgad2010
That's one way of doing it, doesn't mean every actor does it all the time. You can also do it by moving the right muscles in your face the right way. Eyeballs alone don't really show much of emotion by themselves.
+Toveri Juri Also, actors are on film, you can just show the best edit.
She's very correct. I myself had a problem since I was young. I would lie about my family, their occupation and my status just for my selfish reasons. Thankfully I'm out of the habit after taking up therapy. But one thing I will say. I can tell when I'm being deceived especially by a pathological liar, because I was one. I'm not very proud of it but I'll admit it...it was a serious problem, because I was loosing myself to the point I didn't know who I was. Even now I struggle with my identity, with my heritage and my trust in others. But guys there's always an opening with hope in the end of the tunnel. Btw... she was totally deceiving you. I spot it in the beginning, right when she said her husband told her she could have written her book on french cooking. Of course she only did it because it was necessary. Hopefully most of you caught on.
that's good that you got over lying....where are you from
A honest road is a lonely and frustrating road... But, at least, one can travel down it with no baggage! :D
+DarkCyberElf (Mylon Requiem) That way lies damnation
+Sean Baron
True. But at least it's a path devoid of cowardice and hypocrisy.
This speaker lied 18 times during this talk. Thank you Pamela Meyer.
Who else is bothered by her mis buttoned shirt?
+Donnie Lurk that is not a shirt,it's a blazer and it is very smart,feminin and decent for here age
+Fifteening her right shoulder drops more than her left. That causes the misalignment. And it is annoying.
The best way to lie in a compelling, unreadable fashion, is to convince yourself, in that moment, that the lie you tell is the honest to God truth.

The most terrifying lie someone can tell is the lie they tell to themselves, a lie they choose to believe in, so much so that they then begin to see the truth as completely alien. It is nearly impossible to see someone as a liar when they fervently believe their own lie.
+Kyle Scheirmann
Yeah, that's essentially the mentality I'm suggesting that one needs to assume to "properly" lie.

I just wanted to refrain from calling it "acting" simply because people can be bad actors. The key really isn't lying to other people so much as it is successfully lying to yourself long enough that you not only believe it in that moment and adamantly defend what you believe to be true, but it's also utterly impossible to tell it's false based on any physical symptom because the symptoms are all in defense of it being the truth.
+DarkCyberElf (Mylon Requiem) yes, and those lies can become 'viral' and can self-perpetuate among huge groups of people for thousands of years, like with any organized religion that I can think of
Lol, maybe it's my introversion, but I'm a terrible liar. The truth is indeed liberating.
I find that introverted people are actually equally skilled at lying because they are often more thoughtful and therefore prepare scenarios and strategies in advance should the situation require them to effectively lie. Extroverts typically rely on their social skills and quick-witted improvisation.

Extroverted people are better at selling it superficially (facial expression control, eye contact, charismatic yet honest delivery), introverted people are better at giving the lie depth (failing the micro-expressions and delivery but providing sensible details that could be considered genuine).
+DarkCyberElf (Mylon Requiem) Oh wow, your psychoanalysis is quite accurate. I came to the same conclusion evaluating myself. Being an introvert, I can compose a perfectly elaborate lie, but I'm abysmal at delivering it. My body language, and lack of confidence easily undermines the lie, for this reason and all that you've mentioned, I prefer to just be honest, because with verity comes confidence, that's where I'm most comfortable. ;)
The uploader lied......the video really starts at 7:24
You lied it starts at 7:32
+Michael Richter Damn! Ya got me there ;)
The truth of life has been revealed, it is impossible for someone who does not know the truth to be truthful just as it is impossible for someone who know's the truth to be untruthful. Google Truth Contest and check the truth for yourself, this is truth the evidence suggests.
+Ansel Adams Notice the Alex Gray picture at 16:44
its brilliant work. legit
These liars suck. I can lie like a godamn suave bandit
How would you know? He might :3
do people that steal shampoo lie good?
My friend lies about meeting girls that don't exist. It sucks when I catch him in a lie and he's just lying to himself.
So basically, this is a pretty good way to realize Sandy Hook parents were actors?
Anyone who couldn't spot a crisis actor a mile off needs a deception detector transplant!
Compartmentalizing the concept of lying includes its own fib...
EVERYTHING I say is a lie.
This is truly amazing. The entire ending after 17:15 are concepts everyone should live by.
Show more


'via Blog this'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMAZON HOW TO MANUAL, Selling on AMAZON.com; MIHAI ALISIE THE INVENTOR OF THE BITCOIN

ADVANCED WELLNESS: 14.70$ Your Quote Summary

What is the Difference between L-Threonine and L-Theanine?